Well the holidays are still rockin for me.I received the call….. Can you do 31 dozen sugar cookie ornaments for Monday. Of course I accepted what is 31 dozen cookies only 372 cookies and 56 lbs. of cookie dough. Well its only about 8 lbs. of butter… 20 cups of sugar .. 50 cups of flour…40 eggs ….. not a lot!! lol
Saturday was production day. I calculated that I would need 8x the recipe. I fired up the mixer in Kitchen Stadium mixed ,wrapped and packed them away in the fridge till Sunday.
This is a great recipe that I used.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Sunday was production day I had my cookie cutter, my rolling pin and my secret weapon JEFFREY!!! Once we had our system down we were unstoppable. Alas we powered through the first 8 batches but were still 90 or so cookies short. I mixed up another double batch and put it in the fridge to firm up. My husband is an awesome addition to Kitchen Stadium. Befor you knew it we had 372 + cookies baked done and wrapped up.
Kat came over at the 9:30 in the morning bearing coffee and sanding sugar. We cranked on some Christmas music and set to work. We had a lots of fun decorating and made a great team. Here are some pics from the day!